Hardwood flooring is indeed the perfect choice for giving your home that earthy and homey feel. It has a timeless style that goes well with just about any interior design. This very versatile choice is one of the most common floors all over the globe. With proper maintenance and care, you can enjoy the beautiful hardwood flooring Frisco, TX offers you for many years to come.
• Clean your hardwood floors daily. Use a soft-bristle broom and finish off with a dry microfiber mop. If you are having difficulty removing dust from the edges, use a vacuum.
• Use a professional hardwood floor cleaning solution to maintain its shine and luster. These cleaning solutions will preserve your floor’s beauty while making it easy to clean.
• Avoid using harsh cleaning products. Some acrylic waxes will make your floor look dull. They could also make them slippery and might cause someone to slip and result in injuries. Avoid using it at all costs.
• Do not use a wet mop to clean your hardwood floors. Steam and water may cause irreversible damage to your floors. In line with this, make sure to wipe up spills immediately. Do not let liquids sit for long periods on your hardwood floor.
• Prevent floor scratches by using throw rugs in doorways and other high-traffic areas.
• As much as you can, avoid walking around on your hardwood floors with high heels and football shoes. These kinds of footwear can easily dent and damage your hardwood flooring.
• Prevent scratches when you are moving your furniture. Lift and do not drag those pieces across the room. Scratches made by heavy furniture can run deep and create ugly dents.
• If you can, protect all the legs of your furniture to avoid any damage and scratches to your floors. Replace these pads from time to time as dust can easily accumulate at the bottom and cause even more scratches.
If there are inevitable scratches and damage to your floors, consult a professional to have it fixed. Addressing these issues before they get worse will save you both time and money.
According to professionals, they recommend having a regular maintenance plan for your hardwood floors. Every day, you need to do sweeping and dry mopping to get rid of accumulated dust. Vacuum your floors, including the edges and difficult to reach areas once a week. Use your floor’s recommended professional wood flooring cleaner once every month.
To preserve your floor’s beauty and luster, make sure to schedule a maintenance coating every three to five years, depending on your floor’s current state. Lastly, hire a professional to sand and refinish your floors every few decades.
If you follow these easy steps, you can preserve the beauty of your floor for several decades to come. Hardwood flooring never goes out of style, so it is important to invest your time and effort to keep it beautiful throughout the years. And for all of your hardwood flooring installation, maintenance, and repair needs trust only the company that Frisco, TX home owners have been calling on for many, many years, The Flooring Pro Guys at 972-373-3969, today!